Have you ever been at your gym or fitness center and noticed a heart rate zone sign posted? With multiple colors, number and age ranges and more, these heart rate zone signs can seem daunting to decipher and even more difficult to put into practice during your workout. Let Crosby Wellness Center Personal Trainer and Medical Integration Specialist Lawrence Phelps help you understand the importance of heart rates and intervals, and the rate of perceived exertion. Learn the benefits of working within each zone and how you can use heart rate zones in your workouts to maximize your heart rate, intensify your training and make your workout regimen effective. By participating in this program, you can expect to learn:
- what heart rate zones are;
- how to measure and adjust heart rate zones within your workout;
- and Intervals versus Steady State.
This program is presented by Lawrence Phelps and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation. How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at email@example.com
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
Lawrence Phelps is a personal trainer and medical integration specialist at the Crosby Wellness Center in Winter Park, FL. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science in 2018. He is a certified personal trainer with the National Council on Strength and Fitness, with seven years of experience in the field. He specializes in Sport Performance, Corrective Exercise, Special Populations, Youth Fitness, and Weight Loss. Outside of his specialties, he enjoys outdoor activities, going to the beach, playing basketball and football and cooking.