The major muscles that move, support and stabilize your spine are called “the core.” A strong core should be the foundation of any exercise routine or program, and the foundation of you. If your lower back tends to ache after standing or even sitting for a long time, it may be an indication that you have a weak core.
Learn to avoid this type of pain or injury and become stronger from the inside out during this dynamic session emphasizing the importance of core strength and stability. You’ll join Matthew Noe, director of the Peggy & Philip B. Crosby Wellness Center at the Center for Health & Wellbeing, as he shares the best core exercises for those at all levels of fitness.
By participating in this program, you can expect to learn:
- why a strong core will help with injury prevention;
- easy exercises to strengthen your core at home or at a gym;
- And how to avoid common mistakes made in core strengthening routines.
This program is presented by Matthew Noe and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation in collaboration with the Crosby Wellness Center, a Medically Certified Fitness Facility.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Matthew Noe is the director at the Peggy & Philip B. Crosby Wellness Center in Winter Park, FL. Noe has 15 years of experience in the health and wellness industry. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Management and is also an American Council on Exercise personal trainer. Noe also holds advanced certifications from the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Corrective Exercise Specialist, Performance Enhance Specialist, Fitness Nutrition Specialist and Functional Training Specialist. He is also a registered yoga instructor.