On Saturday, April 30, the Center for Health & Wellbeing, the Crosby Wellness Center, and Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen, in collaboration with Track Shack and the City of Winter Park, will host the first Ward & Wellbeing Earth Day Block Party. The event, to be hosted inside the Center for Health & Wellbeing and in Ward Park behind the facility, encompasses two exciting opportunities for community participation: the 2022 Run for the Trees 5K, beginning at 7:30 AM, and the subsequent community Earth Day Block Party, from 8 – 11:30 AM. Make plans to join us for this exciting Earth Day extravaganza!
Inside the Center for Health & Wellbeing, race participants and community members alike are invited to participate in the following activities:
- Child and Adult Yoga & Zumba classes presented by the Crosby Wellness Center
- A family art project with local artist Liz Kitchens
- Sports Med & Rehab services in the CHWB Healthy Living Experience, provided by AdventHealth
- Butterfly Gardens and Vegetable Gardening 101 classes, presented by IDEAS for Us
- Cooking Demonstrations in the CHWB Nutrition Theatre, presented by Edible Orlando
- Smoothie Tastings at Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen
- Tours of the Crosby Wellness Center
- Live music, dancing, and more fun!
And in Ward Park:
- Games, art & crafts, and live animal showings
- Face painting
- Free Kona Ice
- Sustainable giveaways
- Live music
- Green businesses and organizations
- City of Winter Park informational booths
To promote creative and sustainable transportation modes, please consider walking or riding your bike to this event. The City of Winter Park’s Bike Corral will be set up near Ward Park. For vehicle parking information, road closure announcements, and more information about the 29th Jeannette Genius McKean Memorial 5K Run for the Trees and the Ward & Wellbeing Earth Block Party event on April 30th, please visit cityofwinterpark.org/earthday or call 407-599-3364.