One of the most powerful things you can do to improve your health, boost your energy, and prevent chronic diseases is to transition to a plant-focused diet. Studies show that many chronic diseases can be prevented, controlled, or even reversed with a whole-food, plant-based diet. A plant-based diet can reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes, cardiac disease, some cancers, and other major illnesses. You may also experience reduced inflammation and more energy. Changing to a plant-based diet typically doesn’t happen overnight.
Start by making small changes that over time lead your diet to become more plant -focused. Join Dietitian and Culinary Medicine Specialist Allison Harrell for this “Digital Dinner Party” where she will demonstrate a variety of simple recipes that will support you in including more plant foods in your diet while using key kitchen and pantry ingredients.
Harrell will demonstrate the following recipes:
- Italian “Sausage” Sauce with Mushrooms and Zoodles
- White Bean Dip
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Crispy Seasoned Tofu
Special Instructions: Upon registering, you will receive a booklet of recipes and ingredients for cooking along. At the end of this program, you will also receive an E-book with additional plant-powered dinner party recipes.
By participating in this session, you can expect to:
- understand the importance of balancing nutrients when following a plant-focused lifestyle.
- identify disease-fighting benefits of adopting a plant-focused lifestyle.
- develop strategies in adopting a plant-focused lifestyle.
This program is presented by Allison Harrell and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action is needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before the program starts to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is working properly.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Allison Harrell is a registered dietitian nutritionist and plant-based chef who has been passionate about food and nutrition for more than 20 years. She advanced her knowledge by becoming a certified Culinary Medicine Specialist, certified in Weight Loss Management. Harrell believes that every time we eat, it is an opportunity to promote our health. She incorporates culinary experiences with a science-based approach. Her programs and tools make a positive difference to the health of our communities by instilling confidence and knowledge in the kitchen.