Among the jewels of the Mediterranean, Greek cuisine is prized for its incredibly delicious flavor and abundance of healthy ingredients ranging from olive oil and lemons to fresh herbs, greens, and a host of fresh fruits and vegetables. Join Chef Jennifer Hostetter to learn just how simple Greek food is to prepare. With dishes that rely on the freshness of the ingredients rather than on complicated cooking techniques, Greek recipes make an excellent option for busy cooks who want to maintain a healthy diet without compromising on flavor or time. In this class, you will prepare some classic dishes that are so ridiculously tasty that you’ll be amazed at how easy they are to make.
By participating in this program, you can expect to learn:
- how to cook some classic Greek dishes;
- basic cooking tips and techniques from a trained chef educator;
- interesting facts and details about the culinary culture and ingredients of the Greek table.
This program is presented by Jennifer Hostetter and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- • One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Jennifer Hostetter is a classically-trained chef with 20 years of experience in the food industry. She received a Culinary Arts degree from Johnson and Wales, and a Master’s degree in Food Culture & Communications from the University of Gastronomic Sciences in Italy. She also has a Bachelor’s degree in History. Early in her career, Hostetter honed her skills working in restaurants and for caterers. More recently, she has worked as a recipe developer, food editor, and writer. Currently, Hostetter serves as a Chef Instructor at the UCF Rosen School of Hospitality, where she teaches courses on Culture and Cuisine, the History and Culture of Wine, Techniques of Food Preparation, and Catering Sales Management. She also runs her own catering and personal chef business, where she enjoys cooking and teaching about foods from around the world.