By participating in this program, you can expect to learn how to:
- identify each category of plant-based food plate that builds a balanced meal;
- prep and package a variety of “meals-for-a-week” to facilitate your on-the-go lifestyle;
- and plan a simple, healthy and tasty dessert that your family will enjoy.
Special Instructions: Recipes will be provided in advance so participants can prepare items to be included in the Balanced Buddha Bowl. When adhering to the recipes, please cook your grains in advance. If using roast vegetables, have those roasted before the class. During class, participants will be assembling and packaging different meals using the template (recipe) provided via email upon registering.
This program is presented by Debbie Zimmerman and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
Debbie Zimmerman is a Food for Life Nutrition and Cooking instructor through the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. She holds certifications in Plant Based Nutrition, Lifestyle and Health Coaching as well as Personal Training and Group Fitness Instruction. She also specializes in weight and disease management.