How does your yearly check-up compare to one a bird under human care gets? Join Laura VonMutius of the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey to get a sneak peek into the Raptor Trauma Clinic and learn how the bird patients and residents get exams, x-rays, medications, and physical therapy. You’ll get to see how medical technologies and treatments that work on humans have been translated to work on our feathered friends – plus a couple live bird ambassadors will join us during this interactive presentation. You may be surprised with just how similar we are!
By participating in this program, you can expect to learn:
- about the medical care given to help rehabilitate birds;
- the similarities between caring for the health of birds and humans, and lessons we can learn from bird care to help human care;
- the natural history of a couple raptor species and an appreciation for these species.
This program is presented by Laura VonMutius and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at [email protected]
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Laura VonMutius is Audubon Center for Birds of Prey’s Center’s Education Manager. She joined Audubon in February 2017, and hasn’t looked back. VonMutius grew up in Orlando and has a Bachelor of Science in Art Education from Florida State University. VonMutius started her career as an educator at SeaWorld and then the Central Florida Zoo, where she was a Conservation Educator and Resident Artist. Through her years of being an educator, she has inspired children and adults alike to take part in conserving wildlife through her enthusiastic leadership at summer camps, programs for public, private and homeschool students, and special events. She also continues to create art in her free time.