Fiction or nonfiction, every story matters, and writing creatively is a form of expression that opens your eyes and ears to new worlds without leaving the comfort of your room. In this interactive workshop led by poet and writer Dominique Marmolejo, you’ll learn to use a variety of writing styles and techniques to express your feelings and connect with others. Enjoy the act of writing out thoughts, building your confidence and even sharing your written pieces in a comfortable, supportive class atmosphere.
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- identify the difference between verse and prose;
- learn to write using both verse and prose styles;
- and work on capturing your ideas in a written format.
Special Instructions: Please be prepared to bring a writing utensil and paper for note-taking or participation in this program.
This program is presented by Dominique Marmolejo and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
Dominique Marmolejo is an Orlando-based poet, spoken word artist and writer who has written live entertainment scripts, treatments, concepts, and lyrics that can be found in some of Central Florida’s biggest theme park destinations. Marmolejo has a background in jazz vocals. Her work explores the nature of belonging and the intersection of improvisation across form. She is passionate about representation and the idea that everyone can see their narrative in the story of the world.