Are you curious about composting? Want to learn more about the biology of healthy soil? Do you want to help reduce the amount of organic waste that would otherwise end up in the landfill? Join Charlie Pioli, founder of O-Town Compost, Orlando’s community composter, as he shares more about the importance of recycling organic waste into nutrient-rich compost. The benefits of composting include soil enrichment, moisture retention, the suppression of plant diseases and pests, and a reduced need for chemical fertilizers. If you’re looking to help preserve the environment while helping fuel the local food system, then this is the program for you.
By participating in this program, you can expect to learn:
- the basics of composting;
- the biology of healthy soil;
- And how to keep organics out of the landfill.
This program is presented by Charlie Pioli and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- • One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Charlie Pioli, founder of O Town Compost, comes from a career in solid waste & recycling consulting where he witnessed the egregious waste being generated and poorly managed around the country firsthand. Spurred to action, he started Orlando’s community composter to give his neighbors a sustainable option to recycle their food scraps.