Join Allison Harrell, registered dietitian and Culinary Medicine Specialist, to discuss ways to improve your immunity as she prepares four delicious recipes. Harrell will demonstrate the following dishes:
- Lentil Stuffed Peppers
- Chai Spiced Muesli
- Orange Moroccan Salad
- Turmeric Berry Smoothie
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- understand nutrition concepts as they relate to supporting optimal immune system function.
- learn the importance of resilience and reducing risk of impaired immunity.
- identify nutrients present in whole foods that support optimal immunity.
- gain confidence in the preparation of foods that encourage optimal immunity.
Special Instructions: Upon registering, participants will receive a booklet with the recipes listed above.
This program is presented by Allison Harrell and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action is needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before the program starts to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is working properly.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Allison Harrell is a registered dietitian nutritionist and plant-based chef who has been passionate about food and nutrition for more than 20 years. She advanced her knowledge by becoming a certified Culinary Medicine Specialist, certified in Weight Loss Management. Harrell believes that every time we eat, it is an opportunity to promote our health. She incorporates culinary experiences with a science-based approach. Her programs and tools make a positive difference in the health of our communities by instilling confidence and knowledge in the kitchen.