You could say art and classical music go hand-in-hand – classical music has inspired some of the world’s most famous masterpieces, after all. Now, you yourself can be inspired in this interactive seminar led by Central Florida-based artist Grace Sellers. Create guided art while listening to classical music, letting it influence your own masterpiece. Learn basic watercolor techniques and have a chance to create (and perhaps share) your own paintings with others. If you’d love to create art but are also not sure how to get started, this program is for you.
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- understand basic watercolor techniques;
- understand water-to-paint ratios;
- and distinguish between a wet-on-wet painting technique and a wet-on-dry painting technique.
Special Instructions: Participants are encouraged to bring the following art supplies to this program.
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor paint set
- palette or paper plate
- paint brushes
- A cup of water
- paper towels
- garbage bags (to cover your workspace).
This program is presented by Grace Sellers and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
Central Florida based artist Grace Sellers has been painting since 2011. Her work is inspired by the natural world around her and features motifs like landscapes, animals and botanicals. Besides her personal art practice, she has been teaching beginner art classes since 2017. She has enjoyed working with Central Florida Community Arts teaching a variety of art workshops to audiences of all ages and abilities.