Cooking with Collette, Season 1, Episode 20
Happy hour called and said this is the perfect flatbread for a delicious snack! Join Chef Collette for this Thursday edition of Cooking with Collette.
Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen is open to the public and is located at the Center for Health & Wellbeing in Winter Park, FL. You can view the menu and place an order for pick-up at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery is also available via the DoorDash app.
Flatbread dough – Makes 2 flatbreads
1 cup flour divided
2 ¼ tsp instant dry yeast
1 ½ tsp sugar
¾ tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
¾ cup warm water
Place 1 cup of flour into a mixing bowl. Add the instant dry yeast, sugar, salt, warm water, and olive oil to the 1 cup of flour and mix thoroughly. Slowly mix in the other 1 cup of flour, mix thoroughly and knead for about minutes. Place in a warm spot, cover and allow to double in size.
1 Flatbread dough recipe, divided
2 tbsp olive oil
5 cloves garlic, microplained
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
Flour for dusting
8 oz black mission figs, sliced thin
1 5.2 oz Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Gournay Cheese Spread
2 tbsp Local honey
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
4 oz arugula
2 tbsp balsamic glaze
1. Make the dough ahead and allow or rise. Cut the dough in half to make two flatbreads.
2. Preheat grill or grill pan on medium high heat.
3. While grill pan is preheating roll out the dough to ¼ in thick.
4. In a small mixing bowl add the salt, pepper, olive oil, and garlic. Use a brush to brush ¼ of this mixture onto the top of the first flatbread.
5. Place the olive oil side of the flatbread down on the grill and cook until you have golden brown grill marks. Before you flip your flatbread brush that side of the flat bread with the olive oil mixture, then flip.
6. With the grilled side of the flatbread up bread ½ of the Boursin Cheese, ½ the sliced figs, 1 tbsp honey, and ½ tbsp rosemary.
7. Cook the flatbread until golden brown, take the flat bread off of the grill and garnish with 2 oz arugula, 1 tbsp balsamic glaze, salt and pepper.
8. Cut and serve! ? Enjoy