Time to get spooky! Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen Chef Collette Haw breaks down three healthy halloween treats the entire family can make.
Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen is open to the public and is located at the Center for Health & Wellbeing in Winter Park, FL. You can view the menu and place an order for pick-up at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery is also available via the DoorDash app.
Apple Monsters (15 minutes)
granny smith apples (1 apple makes 4 monsters)
edible candy eyes
1. Wash apples and then cut into 4 pieces. Take the wedge and cut out the core. Make two small cuts on the skin side of the apple to create the mouth of the monster.
2. Get creative with the toppings! Use the Nutella/peanut butter in the mouth, add some sunflower teeth, you can also use the strawberry as a tongue. Take candy eyes and add Nutella/peanut butter to one side and stick as many as you want to your monster.
Cinnamon Sugar Bats with Strawberry Dip (15-20 minutes)
whole wheat tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Use a bat shaped cookie cutter to cut out bats in the tortilla. Place them on a cookie sheet. Place in the oven for 5-10 min or until golden brown.
2. Mix cinnamon and sugar into a mixing bowl and stir together. You can use more or less cinnamon depending on spice tolerance. Place the mixture onto a plate.
3. Spray bats with cooking spray and lay into the cinnamon sugar mixture while they are still warm. Just be careful as they might be hot!
4. Take the raspberries and strawberries and cut them up into small pieces. Place into a large mixing bowl, add a little bit of orange marmalade and mix. *You can also use a small amount of sugar instead of marmalade and lemon juice.
5. Serve up on a platter and enjoy!
Mini Spider Pizzas (15-20 minutes)
mini flatbread/naan Breads
shredded mozzarella cheese
whole black olives
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line up naan bread evenly on baking sheet. Add pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. You can also add whatever your favorite pizza toppings are!
2. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
3. Take olives and cut in half for spider bodies, then slice up halves the long way to make legs. Cut a few of the legs in half to make spider heads.
4. Take mini pizzas out of the oven and add spider bodies, legs and heads. Add as many as you like. Enjoy!
Stay connected and follow the Wellbeing Network on Facebook & Instagram.