Cooking with Collette, Season 1, Episode 14
As summer begins to come to a close why not try these healthy chicken burgers & beet slaw for a nice family lunch/dinner by the grill!
View the menu and place an order for pickup at Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen at the Center for Health & Wellbeing at NourishCHWB.com. Delivery options are also available! Be sure to follow Nourish on Facebook for the café’s latest menu offerings, specials and more.
1 lb ground chicken
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
½ tsp black pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 pinch red pepper flakes
½ tsp rubbed sage
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
2 medium beets, cooked and grated
1 cup shaved red cabbage
½ cup raisins
2 garlic cloves, micro-planed
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ olive oil
½ cup chopped parsley
2 tbsp mayo
½ tsp celery seeds
salt & pepper to taste
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl add the ground chicken, salt, black pepper, chopped parsley and red pepper flake and mix to combine well.
2. Pre-heat griddle to medium high heat. While the grill is preheating evenly divide the chicken burgers into 4 patties.
3. In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, we are going to start making our slaw while the chicken burgers are cooking. In the bowl add the carrots, beets, red cabbage, raisins, and chopped parsley.
4. In a separate small bowl whisk together the garlic, cider vinegar, mayo, celery seeds, and olive oil. Pour over the slaw mixture and allow to marinate for about 20 minutes.
5. Grill the chicken burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 165F. Place the burgers on a plate and top with the slaw. Enjoy with or without a bun.
To watch LIVE every week be sure to follow the Wellbeing Network on Facebook.