What is the story of your life? Is it an empowering, uplifting one or could it use a “rewrite” to ensure you see challenges and experiences in a more healing, helpful and positive way?
Through discussion and hands-on exercises, Licensed Mental Health Counselor Jill Hamilton Buss will show you how to “reframe” to rewrite your story for a happier, healthier next chapter.
Special Instructions: Participants are encouraged to have on hand a notebook, journal or blank paper for writing exercises.
Special Note: This program was originally presented on June 16, 2020. Due to popular demand, we are offering this program again – both new participants and those who attended in the past are welcome.
By participating in this session, you can expect to learn:
- how to “reframe” sad, hurtful or troubling experiences in ways that can create powerful healing and hope.
- about how your “life story” came to be and how to take back authorship to write the story you want to live.
- unique and therapeutic journaling techniques that can help you when you are sad, hurting or stuck.
This program is presented by Jill Hamilton Buss and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action is needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before the program starts to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is working properly.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at [email protected]
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Presenter
Jill Hamilton Buss is a licensed mental health counselor who works with clients in a holistic way to create optimal wellbeing for mind and body. She offers traditional psychotherapy, life coaching and “Walk and Talk Therapy.” She previously served as the executive director of Healthy Central Florida, an initiative to make our communities the healthiest in the nation. She holds master’s degrees from Rollins College and the University of Florida in Mental Health Counseling and Communications and was named one of Winter Park’s Most Influential People in 2016.