Looking for a way to reduce stress and connect with your body? Tai chi is a gentle form of exercise practiced for thousands of years involving a series of movements performed in a slow, focused way. Join Tai Chi Instructor Alan Zemel to learn the ancient practice of tai chi and breath work that will empower you to:
- Lower your blood pressure at will.
- Improve your balance and reflexes through increased proprioception.
- Control your oxygen and carbon dioxide balance as well as your blood PH through breath work.
- Purposely move lymphatic fluid through your system improving immune response.
- Increase range of motion.
- Develop a practice that provides an overall sense of calm in your life.
By participating in this program, you can expect to also learn:
- that we each can activate our “healer within response.”
- simple ageless practices that can teach us to live a calm and relaxed life.
- how to take your body from stress response to relaxation response instantly.
This program is presented by Alan Zemel and hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
A note regarding COVID-19 safety protocols: At this time, all guests at the Center for Health & Wellbeing are required to wear masks in all indoor spaces, including during our education programs. Presenters may remove their masks in order to be better heard by audience members. Attendees, however, must keep their masks fully in place (covering the nose and mouth) during the entire presentation. In accordance with CHWB guidelines, our programs will also be limited in capacity and rooms set to account for social distancing.
Cancelling Your Reservation: If you are unable to attend a program, cancelling your reservation gives us an accurate count of how many to expect; for sold-out programs, cancelling your reservation also allows someone on the waitlist to attend in your place. Cancelling your reservation for this program is especially important as we are currently limiting capacities as part of our COVID-19 safety regulations. Cancelling can be done in two easy ways: by calling 407.644.2492 and selecting Option 1, then Option 3 to speak to a representative or by using the online ticket cancellation option in your original confirmation email from Eventbrite.
By participating in this program, you agree to CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
About the Program Presenter
Alan Zemel is a senior trainer of tai chi and qigong certified with both the Healer Within Foundation and the Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi. Mr. Zemel sits on the IIQTC Trainer Qualification Team and advises on the process of training new instructors. Mr. Zemel also conducts classes that result in certification of new instructors. Mr. Zemel has been a tai chi and qigong practitioner for more than 25 years and his coursework is science-based leveraging Traditional Chinese Medicine practices of mind, body, and breath alignment.