Do you feel it’s time to close this chapter or even this book of your life and write a new one? If so, write a best-seller with a happy ending…after all, you’re the author of your story. Join Licensed Mental Health Counselor Jill Hamilton Buss for this interactive session during which you’ll learn how the scripts we got handed to us as children or the ones we developed as adults may no longer empower us or make us happy. Buried themes and scripts will become visible as you examine your story through thought-provoking discussion and a series of writing exercises in this session.
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- gain awareness and clarity about “your story” in order to change or upgrade it.
- excavate formative moments in life – how did they shape you then, and how might they be hurting you today?
- learn how limiting beliefs (essentially our stories) holds us back.
Special Instructions: Participants are encouraged to bring their journal or notebook and a writing utensil for writing exercises. Participants need not be “good writers.” This is not a writing or grammar class, but one of self-discovery.
This program is presented by Jill Hamilton Buss and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
Jill Hamilton Buss is a licensed mental health counselor who works with clients in a holistic way to create optimal wellbeing for mind and body. She offers traditional in-office psychotherapy, life coaching and “Walk and Talk Therapy.” She previously served as the executive director of Healthy Central Florida, an initiative to make our communities the healthiest in the nation. She holds master’s degrees from Rollins College and the University of Florida in Mental Health Counseling and Communications and was named one of Winter Park’s Most Influential People in 2016.