Managing weight is much more complex than simply counting calories from our food in-take or measuring the calories we’ve burned during exercise.
To better understand the complexities regarding nutrition and optimal metabolism, join Registered Dietitian and Culinary Medicine Specialist Allison Harrell for this “Digital Dinner Party” during which she’ll share the many factors that affect optimal metabolism, including specific nutrients to support your overall health and metabolism. Harrell will also demonstrate how to make metabolism supportive dishes for you or friends ands family. These featured recipes include Seedy Brown Rice, Quick Lentil and Kale Sauté, Seed Crusted Chicken, and an Avocado and Citrus Salad.
At the end of this session, you will receive an E-book with dinner party recipes and some bonus ones, too. Let’s gather around the dinner table!
By participating in this program, you can expect to learn:
- factors that support optimal metabolism and weight maintenance.
- about the factors that influence metabolism.
- how to prepare recipes featuring whole foods that are beneficial to supporting optimal metabolism.
This program is presented by Allison Harrell and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Allison Harrell is a registered dietitian nutritionist and plant-based chef who has been passionate about food and nutrition for more than 20 years. She advanced her knowledge by becoming a certified Culinary Medicine Specialist, certified in Weight Loss Management. Harrell believes that every time we eat, it is an opportunity to promote our health. She incorporates culinary experiences with a science-based approach. Her programs and tools make a positive difference in the health of our communities by instilling confidence and knowledge in the kitchen.