Postpartum depression is a complex mix of physical, emotional, and behavioral changes occuring after giving birth that are attributed to the chemical, social, and psychological changes associated with having a baby. Join radio personality Laura Diaz as she talks candidly about her first-hand experience with postpartum depression. She’ll share information about her symptoms, what this time in her life was like, how to ask for help, what worked, what didn’t work, and the difference between postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis. Let her story inform and inspire you or the mothers in your life.
By participating in this program, you can expect to learn:
- what postpartum depression is like for new mothers;
- how to get help for postpartum depression;
- how you can help others with postpartum depression.
This program is presented by Laura Diaz and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
Laura Diaz is a former news anchor for the CBS affiliate in Orlando, Florida, and current host of her own morning show on iHeartRadio’s Mix 100.7 in Tampa, Florida. Laura is the mother of two children and suffered from postpartum depression during and after both pregnancies. She now advocates for other women to learn the signs and be brave enough to ask for help during such a vulnerable time.