Intro to Poetry and Spoken Word (Webinar)February 11 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 PM
Date & Time
You’ll get your creatives juices flowing when you join professional writer and Central Florida Community Arts (CFCArts) Teaching Artist Dominique Marmolejo for this introductory and interactive workshop. Learn to express yourself through the art of words by creating original poetry and spoken word pieces; use the rhythm of words and the emotion behind them to create original works that can be written down or performed.
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- learn about poetry and spoken word;
- create your own original works;
- connect with other creative writers.
Special Instructions: Please be prepared for this program with paper and a writing utensil for note taking.
This program is presented by Dominique Marmolejo and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation in collaboration with CFCArts.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
Dominique Marmolejo is an Orlando-based poet, spoken word artist and writer who has written live entertainment scripts, treatments, concepts, and lyrics that can be found in some of Central Florida’s biggest theme park destinations. Marmolejo has a background in jazz vocals. Her work explores the nature of belonging and the intersection of improvisation across form. She is passionate about representation and the idea that everyone can see their narrative in the story of the world.