We all know that we should “be more active” at any age, but why is it particularly important for us as we get older? What are the risks if we don’t stay active and what are the specific benefits? And most importantly, how do we do stay active?
In a time of uncertainty, busy lives, family demands, caregiving…how do we fit in self-care and being active in ways that bring us more fun, health and happiness? This session with Licensed Mental Health Counselor Jill Hamilton Buss will offer specific, evidence-based strategies to help you get and keep moving – and have more fun!
By participating in this program, you can expect to learn:
- how physical activity – even walking, gardening, simply moving – significantly improves brain health as well as physical health.
- how to perform a personal check-up.
- specific small steps you can take to improve in areas where you would benefit.
- how stress can sap your energy and detract from motivation to be active.
- stress management techniques that are quick, easy and that you can employ throughout the day or when you are feeling overwhelmed.
This program is presented by Jill Hamilton Buss and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Jill Hamilton Buss is a licensed mental health counselor who works with clients in a holistic way to create optimal wellbeing for mind and body. She offers traditional in-office Psychotherapy, Life Coaching and “Walk and Talk Therapy.” She previously served as the executive director of Healthy Central Florida, an initiative to make our communities the healthiest in the nation. She holds master’s degrees from Rollins College and the University of Florida in Mental Health Counseling and Communications, respectively, and was named one of Winter Park’s Most Influential People in 2016. She is on the Active Aging journey alongside you!