Fundamentals of Acting (Webinar)March 16, 2021 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 PM
Date & Time
Exhilarating and enjoyable, acting can improve your communication skills, develop your self-confidence and relieve stress. To act and experience all the benefits acting offers, however, you must first acquire fundamental skills. Join Central Florida Community Arts Teaching Artist Jessica Munro in this interactive workshop to learn the basics of stage acting through the use of theater games, role-playing and script. No experience on stage is necessary; this class is a perfect fit for anyone who wishes to feel more comfortable speaking in front of an audience.
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- learn techniques to help with cold reads;
- use tools to help you embody a character;
- and learn how to use sense memory as an acting tool.
This program is presented by Jessica Munro and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
Prior to joining CFCArts in 2019, Jessica Fernando worked with students of all ages immersing them in performing arts through imagination and play. She was also part of the East Coast tour of the “Power of One,” an anti-bullying show equipping elementary and high school students with invaluable resources for dealing with bullying situations. Fernando recently directed the CFCArts company show, “Heroes and Villains,” and continues to work as a teaching artist for Arts in Action programs. Originally from Melbourne, Australia, Jessica Fernando relocated to the United States in 2014 and hasn’t looked back!