COVID-19 Safety Measures
The health and safety of our community is of critical importance to us at the Center for Health & Wellbeing. To that end, we’re sharing the ongoing, comprehensive health and safety measures we’ve put in place to ensure the health and safety of our guests.
We relied on CDC, state and local government recommendations and the protocols established by AdventHealth, medical service providers at the CHWB. We also looked to our colleagues at the Medical Fitness Association (MFA) for guidance on best practices for MFA-member facilities, like the Crosby Wellness Center.
The Center for Health & Wellbeing is a unique facility that serves many people with different needs. Center leadership worked together to establish measures that ensure a seamless and comprehensive approach to the health and safety of all visitors and staff.
Ongoing General CHWB Safety Measures:
- All visitors must wear a mask to enter and use the CHWB. Bringing your own is best, but there is a limited supply of masks available at the Welcome Desk.
- Only Crosby Wellness Center members can enter the CHWB through the main entrance.
- Those with medical appointments for AdventHealth services at the CHWB continue to use the South entrance on Crosby Way. Systems are in place to limit Crosby Wellness Center members’ navigation patterns through the CHWB Commons to Crosby, while AdventHealth patients are limited to accessing AdventHealth services. These traffic patterns are designed to help with social distancing and to enable AdventHealth to perform its own patient screenings and check-ins at the South entrance.
- Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen is open 7-3 on weekdays for take-out and patio seating only. To place orders, please enter Nourish using the outdoor patio entrance.
- The Center’s community spaces typically open to the public, like the Commons, Conference Center and Walking Track, remain closed to the public.
- Social distancing at a minimum of six feet is required throughout the CHWB; signs and floor markings are in place as guides to keep you safe.
Ongoing Crosby Wellness Center Safety Measures:
- All Crosby members are required to wear a mask while at the Center for Health & Wellbeing (CHWB), including within the Crosby Wellness Center, except when using the lap pool or warm water activity pool for Group Exercise classes.
- Currently, Crosby has a limit in place which totals 70 members working out at one time. Systems are in place to ensure we are operating at this safe capacity to accommodate a minimum of 6’ social distancing.
- At each visit, Crosby members will have their temperature taken and be asked a short list of health questions immediately upon entering the CHWB main entrance. Per CDC protocol, members will not be permitted to enter the facility if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher or if they answer ‘yes’ to any of the screening questions.
- Members must provide their own towels and mats for use in Group Exercise classes.
- The lap pool is open by advance reservation only. Please call 407.644.3606 to reserve a lane for 45-minute sessions, one person per lane.
- The Warm Water Activity Pool remains closed except during Group Exercise Classes that use the Pool. AdventHealth Sports Medicine + Rehab will continue to use the Activity Pool for aquatic therapy with patients. You are encouraged to continue your aqua workouts by booking time for walking in the lap pool (one person per lane).
- Locker room amenities are limited. Members must provide their own towels.
- Changes in the fitness floor layout have been made to enable social distancing. Please do not attempt to use equipment marked out of service.
- Crosby staff engage in continuous cleaning of the facility throughout the day; the Center will close an hour early each day to accommodate daily deep cleaning and disinfection.
Center Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 5 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
We will closely monitor operations as well as trends and reports on the virus and will use this information to inform our next updates. We appreciate your patience as we focus on your health, wellbeing and safety. Please note that all safety measures outlined above are subject to change at any point.