COVID-19 Safety Measures
Updated with New Protocols: Effective Friday, November 12, 2021
The health and safety of our community are critically important to us at the Center for Health & Wellbeing (CHWB). To that end, we’re sharing updates to our comprehensive health and safety measures that ensure the health and safety of our guests.
CHWB co-owners — the Winter Park Health Foundation and AdventHealth — rely on CDC, state, and local government recommendations and protocols to establish our COVID-19 protocols. We also look to our colleagues at the Medical Fitness Association (MFA) for guidance on best practices for MFA-member facilities, like our fitness facility, the Peggy & Philip B. Crosby Wellness Center. We continue to monitor COVID-19 trends and the guidance provided by CDC, CMS, and AdventHealth to ensure the health and safety of all who use the CHWB.
Ongoing General CHWB Safety Measures:
• All visitors must wear a mask to enter and use the CHWB. Bringing your own mask is best as there is a limited supply of masks available at the Welcome Desk at the Main Entrance.
• Because the CHWB is considered a Clinical Healthcare Setting, we must continue to follow guidelines mandating mask usage for all visitors while inside the CHWB, with the exception of members engaged in active exercise inside the Crosby Wellness Center.
• Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen policy allows for the removal of masks when customers are actively eating or drinking. Customers must wear their masks in a proper position at all other times while visiting Nourish, including as they wait for their orders or when in conversation.
• In-person CHWB Community Education programs returned in November. Program capacities are limited and rooms are set to accommodate social distancing. While program presenters may remove their masks to be better heard, masks are required for participants at all times during Education Programs.
Ongoing Crosby Wellness Center Safety Measures:
• Crosby members who have been fully vaccinated can remove their masks while actively participating in group exercise classes or using fitness equipment.
• When not engaged in active exercise, members must still wear a mask, e.g., in locker rooms, in hallways, on or near the the walking track, and in all other areas of the Center for Health & Wellbeing during all operating hours.
• The lap pool is open by advance reservation only. Please visit the Member Services desk to make a reservation. One person permitted per lane, four in the lap pool at a time.
• Crosby staff engage in continuous cleaning of the facility throughout the day; the Center closes early each day to accommodate daily deep cleaning and disinfection.
We will closely monitor operations as well as trends and reports on the virus and will use this information to inform our next updates. We appreciate your patience as we focus on your health, wellbeing, and safety. Please note that all safety measures outlined above are subject to change at any point.
Center Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 5 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.