Organic Father’s Day Brunch with a Message
Inspired by an all-American barbecue, Nourish Coffee Bar & Kitchen chef Collette Haw brings you this collection of the best organic brunch recipes for Father’s Day. Easy to follow and carefully selected, these recipes will help you put together a special and delicious brunch.
Lettuce Celebrate: Blue Cheese Chopped Salad
This is the perfect salad for the cheese-loving dad. Chopped style and mixed with a healthy amount of greens and protein…what better way to start the menu than with something fresh?
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Salad Ingredients
1 Head Romaine, Chopped
2 Cups Baby Arugula
4 Hard Boiled Eggs, Sliced
2 Heirloom Tomatoes, Sliced
1 English cucumber, Diced
½ Cup Nitrate Free Bacon, Chopped
- Start by combining your romaine and baby arugula in a large serving bowl.
- Once in the serving bowl toss until incorporated.
- Top with hardboiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, and chopped bacon.
- Lastly, before serving toss with the Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients
1 Cup buttermilk
¼ Cup Mayo
½ Cup Greek yogurt
3 oz Blue cheese, crumbled
You can get your blue cheese here: https://www.lafemmedufromage.com/
Freshly cracked black pepper
Pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the buttermilk, mayo, Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper together.
- Lastly, fold in the crumbled blue cheese.
You will always have a Pizza my heart: Grilled Pizza with Roasted Broccoli & Eggs
Who doesn’t like pizza? This take is a grilled pizza topped with fresh ricotta, eggs, leafy greens, and broccoli. This dish gives a whole other meaning to nutritionally delicious.
Grilled Pizza w/ Broccoli & Eggs Ingredients
1 TBSP Olive Oil
8 oz Broccoli, Chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Tea. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 Recipe of Pizza Dough (Found Below)
1 Cup Organic Ricotta Cheese
4 Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 375*F. In a medium mixing bowl add chopped broccoli, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, and olive oil with salt and pepper.
- Place the broccoli on a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until roasted.
- Roll out pizza dough to about 15-18 inches. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Furthermore, place the olive oil side of the dough down on a preheated grill, until the dough starts to get puffy and grill marks.
- Then, brush the top side of the dough with olive oil and flip the dough.
- Turn the grill down to medium-low, and spread the ricotta on the dough first, then evenly distribute the roasted broccoli. Afterward, place the cracked eggs on top of the broccoli, and season with salt and pepper.
- Close the grill lid for 6 minutes or until the eggs are done to your desired taste.
- Lastly, take the pizza off the grill and shave fresh Locatelli cheese on the top and serve.
You’re the rarest of them all: Marinated Grilled Steak
Ever wondered how to grill the perfect steak? We got your back. Take the time to follow these simple steps and you will be rewarded with the juiciest, most impressive grill steak your special guy has ever eaten.
Marinated Grilled Steak Ingredients
1 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
¾ Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
¼ Cup Fresh Oregano, Chopped
6 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 tea Pink Himalayan Salt
1 tea. Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
½ Cup Olive Oil
- Place the fresh herbs and garlic in a food processor and pulse 5 times.
- Once it is processed, add the red wine vinegar and pulse 2 more times.
- Add the salt, pepper and turn the food processor on and slowly add the olive oil.
- Once olive oil is added turn the processor off and your marinade is done!
- It is especially important you marinate your steak overnight.
- Following its overnight process the next morning it’s ready for the grill!
I Love you Berry Much: Blueberry & Pecan Oat Crisp
A summertime must have dessert. This blueberry crisp is the culmination of healthy and delicious. In addition to its taste is not only naturally sweet but perfectly healthy. Making for the perfect way to end your organic fathers day brunch.
Blueberry & Pecan Oat Crisp Ingredients
1 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1 Cup organic pecan halves
½ Cup almond flour
½ Cup flaked unsweetened coconut
¼ tea. Sea salt
¼ tea cinnamon
¼ Cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 Cup organic maple syrup or local raw honey
4 Cups blueberries (Purchase here: http://frogsongorganics.com/ )
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Chop the pecans and combine the pecans, oats, almond flour, unsweetened coconut, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir until well mixed.
- Once stirred and well mixed, spray an 8X8 baking dish and place blueberries lemon juice and zest.
- Then, top the blueberries and lemon with the oat mixture.
- Lastly, bake for 25-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and is slightly firm.
Enjoyed this blog?
If you liked this blog, be sure to check out our cooking classes for this month and next and learn more amazing and healthy recipes. And visit our blog for more fun and informative content on health, fitness, and wholeness.