If you’ve never been to a yoga class or fear you are unable to do the moves that would typically be done on a mat, join Crosby Wellness Center’s Medical Integration Manager and certified Yoga Instructor, Beth, for this program that focuses on yoga from the comfort of a chair. As Beth leads you through each move, you’ll learn how and why each pose is important for your health and activities of daily living.
Key Program Takeaways:
1. Safe chair stretches using yoga poses and techniques
2. The empowerment to be mindful of your stress levels and lower them through gentle yoga moves
3. Experiencing the power of yoga breathing and improved health
Special Instructions: Please be prepared for this class with a chair without arms.
This class is presented by Beth Morris and hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Meeting on Monday, May 18:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at email@example.com
By registering for this program, you agree to abide by our Meeting Code of Conduct for Gracious Spaces. Learn more here. >>>
About Your Program Presenter
Beth is a graduate of the University of Florida and has taught group exercise classes throughout her 20-year career as a fitness professional. She completed a 200-hour yoga training at Full Circle in Winter Park and has taught yoga for 10 years. She has worked as a health coach, Diabetes Prevention Facilitator and as a Cancer Survivor Fitness Coach in a program called Livestrong. She is currently the Medical Integration Manager at Crosby Wellness Center, bridging the gap for those with medical concerns who are returning to a healthy lifestyle.