Mindfulness might simply be described as paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, to the present moment, non-judgmentally. Or perhaps mindfulness is maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts and feelings. When we practice mindfulness, our thoughts tune into what we are sensing in the present moment, rather that rehashing the past or imagining the further. In short, mindfulness means to BE HERE NOW. That’s it in a nutshell. Simple right? But simple isn’t always easy.
By practicing mindfulness using the meditations taught at the acclaimed Mindfulness Based Stress Reductions program and shared in this program, you’ll begin to have a different experience with life. Nothing on the outside changes, it’s just that your experience to different situations change. You’ll become more grounded and less attached to the distractions and disturbances of your life, and no longer cling to negative thoughts that upset our balance. By doing so, you’ll face the ups and downs, the storms of your life with ease, because you are coming from a place of deep calmness.
By participating in this program presented mindfulness coach Camille Sacco, you can expect to learn:
- how to tune into the present moment, non-judgmentally.
- how to develop a balanced mind for focused attention.
- techniques for reducing stress and anxiety.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
This program is presented by Camille Sacco and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
About Your Program Presenter
Camille Sacco is an American Institute of Health Care Professionals Mindfulness Coach and Meditation Instructor and a graduate of the acclaimed Palouse Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course. She is also the author of two self-help books ~ “ Hippiebanker: Bringing Peace, Love and Spirituality to the Workplace” and her latest book “Firefly Culture: Illuminate Your Workplace by Tuning in to Mindfulness.”
Camille leads classes and workshops on mindful meditations and her coaching sessions are infused with down to earth guidance. She is both informative and fun in her approach. Her goal is to help people tap in to the wisdom of their soul by cultivating daily practices that will inspire confidence in the pursuit of living their lives with a higher purpose.