“Improving personal health” and “weight management” are two of the most common New Year’s resolutions made. Is there an easy way to accomplish both of these goals at the same time? Yes! Studies have shown that adding more plant-based foods like fruits, vegetables, legumes, and grains to our plate can not only improve our health, but can also help us drop those unwanted pounds. In this program, you’ll join lifestyle and health coach Debbie Zimmerman as she shares four plant-powered recipes while detailing how to incorporate plant-based eating into your health goals.
In this cooking presentation, you will learn how to make:
- A Mixed Greens Salad with a Fresh Herbs Salad Dressing
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burgers
- A “Health and Prosperity” Stew
- Fresh Apple Crisp
By participating in this program, you will learn:
- the top 4 plant-based food categories that improve health and reduce risk of chronic diseases;
- the top 5 plant-based recommendations for Weight Management/Weight Loss success;
- and how “nutrient density,” not “calorie density” plays a major role in personal health and weight management/weight loss success.
This program is presented by Debbie Zimmerman and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
After seeing her grandparents suffer with heart disease, diabetes and cancer, Debbie Zimmerman vowed a lifestyle of prevention in fearing that she, too, would be afflicted with these debilitating conditions. Her active lifestyle as an aerobic fitness instructor and personal trainer gained her the position of wellness manager for one of the largest school districts in the nation. During her 30-year career in corporate wellness, she was recognized for her leadership and disease management program development on both state and national levels. She now dedicates her life’s mission to teaching the benefits of a whole food, plant-based diet for optimal health and wellbeing. Zimmerman holds a number of certifications and licenses, including Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate, T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies/eCornell University; American College of Lifestyle Medicine Coach; WellBalance Health & Wellness Coach; Food for Life Instructor & Cooking Coach, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine; Aerobic Fitness Association Personal Trainer & Aerobic Fitness Instructor; and American Academy of Sports Dietitians and Sports Nutrition Specialist.