In the future, we are all going to be working learners—always continuously learning, looping in and out of work and navigating more job transitions than we ever dreamed possible. But the tools and knowledge we rely on today won’t be sufficient for the jobs of tomorrow. Lifelong learning is a concept we intuitively understand, but we’re not doing any of the important work today to build the infrastructure we will all need for constant returns to learning throughout our longer work lives.
In this program, you will learn from the perspectives of people who are being left behind by our rapidly evolving economy and labor market and discuss how we can solve the pain points of those who face those obstacles today. If we solve those pain points, we will be able to make job transitions easier for all of us as we navigate the next 20 to 30 years.
By participating in this program presented by Dr. Michelle Weise, author of the book ‘Long-Life Learning: Preparing for Jobs that Don’t Even Exist Yet,’ you can expect to learn:
- about curb-cut effects, the future of the U.S.
- how and why the future of work is now.
- how this movement is not about the work of the future, but centered on the future of workers.
This program is presented by author and entrepreneur Dr. Michelle R. Weise and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
About Your Program Presenter
Dr. Michelle R. Weise is the author of Long-Life Learning: Preparing for Jobs that Don’t Even Exist Yet. She is currently serving as an entrepreneur-in-residence and senior advisor at Imaginable Futures, a venture of The Omidyar Group. Dr. Weise’s work over the last decade has concentrated on preparing working-age adults for the jobs of today and tomorrow. She was the chief innovation officer of Strada Education Network’s Institute for the Future of Work and Sandbox Collaborative, the innovation center of Southern New Hampshire University. With Clayton Christensen, she co-authored Hire Education: Mastery, Modularization, and the Workforce Revolution while leading the higher education practice at Christensen’s Institute for Disruptive Innovation.