How do we find joy amid a pandemic, separation from loved ones and unprecedented uncertainty? Join Licensed Mental Health Counselor Jill Hamilton Buss to explore ways to thoughtfully create a season of meaning and squeeze joy out of this lemon of a year. Learn ways to manage expectations, practice extreme self-care and use evidence-based strategies to reduce stress and increase happiness in this interactive session.
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- explore your expectations for what “Happy Holidays” means to you (long ago vs. now) and recognize as families change, you change and maybe it’s time to update traditions and replace them with simpler, less stressful, more meaningful ways to celebrate the season.
- learn what “extreme self-care” means to you and what helps you recharge and reset, and how to self-soothe when the going gets tough;
- learn three evidence-based happiness-boosting, stress-reducing strategies that will add to your wellbeing and every time you employ them during the holidays and for years to come.
This program is presented by Jill Hamilton Buss and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at email@example.com
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenter
Jill Hamilton Buss is a licensed mental health counselor who works with clients in a holistic way to create optimal wellbeing for mind and body. She offers traditional psychotherapy, life coaching and “Walk and Talk Therapy.” She previously served as the executive director of Healthy Central Florida, an initiative to make our communities the healthiest in the nation. She holds master’s degrees from Rollins College and the University of Florida in Mental Health Counseling and Communications and was named one of Winter Park’s Most Influential People in 2016.