Many of us are seeking ways to improve our outlooks as well as our personal wellbeing. Can you recall how good you felt the last time when you did something nice for someone in your community? Maybe it was a small gesture like running an errand for your neighbor or a friend; or perhaps it was sharing your time, talent or treasure with a local organization in need. Such intentional actions not only increase your level of personal satisfaction, they also benefit your overall health. This program will help you better understand and implement ways you can improve your own wellbeing while helping others.
By attending this program, you will:
- Learn how creating a network of neighbors is an important part of building a healthier community for you and your family
- Discuss different small acts of kindness you can do for your neighbor and how those acts can help you feel more fulfilled and more thankful
- Identify needs in your own life that can be addressed with a greater community presence.
This class is presented by Carolyn Dowling, RD, LDN and hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation, in collaboration with Cabot Creamery and Florida Dairy Farmers.
How to join the Zoom Meeting on Wednesday, June 17:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Be sure to bookmark or star this email so it’s handy when you need it. Simply select the link that says “Click here to join” and the Zoom meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at email@example.com
By registering for this program, you agree to abide by our Meeting Code of Conduct for Gracious Spaces. Learn more here>>>
About Your Program Presenter
Carolyn Dowling, RD, LDN holds a B.S. in Nutritional Science with a concentration in Dietetics from California State University at Los Angeles. She is a Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist in the state of Florida with more than 20 years of experience in nutritional counseling and health education. Her credentials include extensive training in behavior modification with a strong focus on both wellness and prevention through lifestyle and dietary modification. She established her own successful nutritional counseling and corporate wellness practices, as well as a fitness business, and focuses her efforts on her ability to empower, guide, and motivate others to a life of wellness through proper nutrition and healthful lifestyle choices. As a presenter, she shares her knowledge and experience for achieving meaningful results. Having successfully guided a variety of audiences on eating, exercise, and environment using motivational and goal setting techniques, she equips her audiences with solutions for a lifetime of success!