Forest bathing, or shinrin-yoku, is simply the act of spending time outdoors under the canopy of trees. In Japanese, “shinrin” means forest and “yoku” means bath; or immersing oneself in the forest and soaking in the atmosphere through the senses. Japan is a leader in the practice of forest bathing; nearly 40 years of extensive research shows a wide range of health benefits from forest bathing, including decreased stress, improved mood states, a variety of mental health benefits, improved vigor, reduced fatigue and feelings of awe.
During this program, you’ll join Cera and Carrie, wellness coaches from Harmonize Your Health, for a 45-minute live, online guided forest bathing meditation that dives deep into the heart of nature healing.
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- Learn about the healing magic of forest bathing.
- Learn the benefits of a meditative practice.
- Gain experience and practice meditating in a serene, calming space.
Special Instructions: when attending this program, we encourage you to be outside in your yard if possible. If being outside is not an option, a good alternative is gathering houseplants to surround your meditative space. Please plan to wear comfortable clothes and be prepared with a notebook and pen.
This class is presented by Harmonize Your Health and hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before the program starts to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
About Your Program Presenters:
Cera is a plant-based chef, health coach and educator. At the end of her first year as a plant-based personal chef, she obtained a Certificate in Food, Nutrition, and Health to deepen her knowledge on how to use plant-based, organic foods to heal. Carrie is a former librarian and research junkie who went plant based in 2012 after learning about the wonderful health benefits of a whole foods, plant-based diet. They formed Harmonize Your Health based on the knowledge gained through their own individual journeys to heal. Harmonize Your Health is about more than just eating plant based and teaching people how to do that, it’s about compassion for all living beings and the earth.