If you don’t know what a healthy body needs, food choices can be needlessly complex. In reality, food that is minimally processed and nutrient dense provides the fuel we need to keep our bodies functioning optimally. In this program presented by registered dietician Carolyn Dowling, you’ll explore dairy’s nutrient contributions and health benefits, along with varied and simple dietary applications, and budget friendliness.
By attending this program, you will:
- Learn about the three macronutrients: complex carbohydrates, lean proteins and healthy fats, and how to combine them for balanced nutrition.
- Understand how the nutrition contributions and health benefits of dairy consumption are a part of a balanced diet.
- Discover how to move away from choices that are unhealthy and lacking in nutritional value to those that contribute to a healthier, well-nourished body.
This class is presented by Carolyn Dowling, RD, LDN and hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation, in collaboration with Cabot Creamery and Florida Dairy Farmers.
How to join the Zoom Meeting on Friday, June 19:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Be sure to bookmark or star this email so it’s handy when you need it. Simply select the link that says “Click here to join” and the Zoom meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering for this program, you agree to abide by our Meeting Code of Conduct for Gracious Spaces. Learn more here>>>
About Your Program Presenter
Carolyn Dowling, RD, LDN holds a B.S. in Nutritional Science with a concentration in Dietetics from California State University at Los Angeles. She is a Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist in the state of Florida with more than 20 years of experience in nutritional counseling and health education. Her credentials include extensive training in behavior modification with a strong focus on both wellness and prevention through lifestyle and dietary modification. She established her own successful nutritional counseling and corporate wellness practices, as well as a fitness business, and focuses her efforts on her ability to empower, guide, and motivate others to a life of wellness through proper nutrition and healthful lifestyle choices. As a presenter, she shares her knowledge and experience for achieving meaningful results. Having successfully guided a variety of audiences on eating, exercise, and environment using motivational and goal setting techniques, she equips her audiences with solutions for a lifetime of success!