Success in the kitchen starts with a strong foundation of important culinary techniques. In this Zoom program hosted by Chef Collette Haw of Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen at the Center for Health & Wellbeing, you’ll learn basic culinary techniques, including understanding the difference between dry heat and moist heat cooking methods, knife skills & cuts, making vinaigrettes from scratch without the use of a recipe and making classic mother sauces. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask Chef all your home cooking questions during a Q+A session at the end of the program.
By participating in this program you can expect to:
- build a strong foundation of basic culinary techniques.
- learn how to implement your new skills in your home kitchen.
- discover simple ways to elevate your everyday healthy meals.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
This progam is presented by Chef Collette Haw and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Your Program Presenter
Chef Collette Haw is a classically-trained Culinary Institute of America (Hyde Park, New York) graduate. With an exceptional talent for taking a healthy ‘ho-hum’ to a flavor-rich ‘yum!’ Chef Collette approaches the Nourish menu with a unique hybrid of her comfort-food-gone-healthy and ‘food as medicine’ philosophies. Prior to assuming her leadership role at Nourish, Chef Collette spent several years operating her own successful meal delivery service out of Longwood, Collette’s Clean Eats, and as a private chef to a celebrity family in Atlanta.