We’ve all heard it a hundred times: the key to a healthy life is a healthy diet. For many, a Mediterranean-style diet rich in fruits, vegetables and healthy plant-based oils is key to healthy active aging. In this class presented by Chef Collette Haw of Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen, you’ll watch as Chef demonstrates three recipes within the Mediterranean style diet that are perfect for fueling an aging and healthy body.
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of the Mediterranean Diet.
- Learn staple foods and standard ingredients that are key for active aging.
- Learn three recipes focused on the Mediterranean Diet. (Almond Date Smoothie, Poached Salmon with Avocado & Whole Grain Bulgar Salad, and Honey Caramelized Figs with Greek Yogurt )
How to join the Zoom Program
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at email@example.com.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
This program is presented by Chef Collette Haw and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
About Your Program Presenter
Chef Collette Haw is a classically trained Culinary Institute of America (Hyde Park, New York) graduate. With an exceptional talent for taking a healthy ‘ho-hum’ to a flavor-rich ‘yum!’ Chef Collette approaches the Nourish menu with a unique hybrid of her comfort-food-gone-healthy and ‘food as medicine’ philosophies. Prior to assuming her leadership role at Nourish, Chef Collette spent several years operating her own successful meal delivery service out of Longwood, Collette’s Clean Eats, and as a private chef to a celebrity family in Atlanta.