Balance is a critical component to preventing falls. Join Crosby Wellness Center group exercise coordinator and certified yoga instructor Loren Weiland for this virtual class focused on improving the skills necessary to achieve better balance. You’ll perform a series of motion, strength and balance exercises, as well as learn how to incorporate balance training into your daily routine. Those with walkers are welcome!
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- Learn exercises that increase strength and balance.
- Discover how you can make small changes to reduce fall risks.
- Learn why balance is a critical component to preventing falls.
Please be prepared for this program with an armless chair, water and a soup can or dumbbell. Please wear athletic shoes.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
This class is presented by Loren Weiland and hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
About Your Program Presenter
Loren Weiland has a rich history of working with older adults, helping them stay active and exercise safely. She holds a group fitness instructor certification from the American Council on Exercise and a 500 hr. RYT credential, indicating that she has successfully completed a 500-hour yoga teacher training program.