Join Joy Henderson, Crosby Wellness Center certified group exercise instructor and personal trainer, to learn why one of the most overlooked components of fitness – balance – is essential to our daily routines. You’ll learn ways to improve and challenge your balance to reduce the risks of falls and injuries.
Key Program Foci:
1. Program participants will practice body awareness via balance practices, posture improvement and proprioception, the perception or awareness of the position and movement of the body.
2. Program participants will gain spatial awareness in all planes of motion.
3. Program participants will gain knowledge and confidence in their abilities to practice balance exercises independently with the understanding that practice is what promotes improvement.
Special Instructions: Please be prepared for this class with a chair or stable surface for balance.
This program is presented by Joy Henderson, Crosby Wellness Center certified group exercise instructor and personal trainer, and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Meeting on Monday, May 11:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
For troubleshooting and other Zoom-related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering for this program, you agree to abide by our Meeting Code of Conduct for Gracious Spaces. Learn more here. >>>
About Your Program Presenter
About Joy Henderson
Joy is a certified personal trainer, group exercise instructor, yoga instructor and spinning instructor. She specializes in lifelong health and wellness practices, which include mobility/balance improvement, core stabilization and neuromuscular connectivity to inhibit injury/falling. She is a true Winter Park resident of 50 years!