Too many of us find ourselves burdened with debt, increased spending or unexpected financial emergencies – especially during these unpredictable and unstable times. Whatever your circumstances or obstacles may be, it’s critical to have a clear understanding of your financial roadmap and the necessary tools and knowledge you need to take control of your finances. It doesn’t matter where you are on your financial journey — you can be your own CEO. Join certified Financial Planners Helen Von Dolteren-Fournier and Kelly Berenbaum to learn how to get started or back on track for 2021.
By participating in this program, you can expect to learn:
- how to get started on your financial roadmap – beginning with your annual balance sheet and determining if your emergency cash reserve is sufficient;
- how to review your cash flow worksheet in Microsoft Excel, NerdWallet or Quicken to determine if you can account for your income or if dollars are leaking;
- how to determine your best options for pre-tax employee benefits versus post-tax (does your company match your 401K contributions? Is your contribution best made pre-tax or after-tax (Roth)? If you received a raise in the last 18 months, can you determine where it is on your balance sheet?);
- and how to pick a mutual fund like a pro using Morningstar, a Chicago-based research firm, and how to discover what lies under the hood of your mutual funds.
This program is presented by Helen Von Dolteren-Fournier and Kelly Berenbaum and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
• One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
• One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About Your Program Presenters
About Kelly Berenbaum and Helen Von Dolteren-Fournier
As practicing attorneys and certified financial planners, one of their guiding principles is to take a complicated issue, such as employee benefits, taxes, governmental benefits or estate planning, and educate the viewer so that they have better understanding of their own issues. They are dedicated to making the complex appear simple and to providing the sound financial and legal counsel that is essential in today’s complicated environment for financial decisions.