At whatever age you reach it, retirement is often talked about as an end. And while you might be focused on how to prepare for retirement, which is critically important, if you are looking at retirement as the final goal, you might not be preparing for life post-career in the best way.
With today’s rising lifespans, we could be facing roughly 20 or more years in retirement, which is approximately 8,000 days. Once we start thinking about life after work in this way, it becomes clearer that retirement is not an end, but rather a new, complex, and unknown phase of life, during which so much could happen.
In this program presented by Stephen Parnell, Director of Strategic Markets at Hartford Funds, you’ll gain practical advice to help you better prepare for retirement while learning:
- Why your tomorrows may be more complex – and a lot longer – than you think.
- How to prepare for the for phases of retirement.
- How to reduce stress and prolong independence in retirement.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy.
This program is presented by Stephen Parnell and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation.
About Your Program Presenter
Stephen Parnell is a director of strategic markets for Hartford Funds. In this role, he presents timely and relevant content for the benefit of financial firms, advisors, and their clients, and works with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology AgeLab to build awareness and knowledge of aging and retirement challenges and life planning strategies.
Stephen has been a speaker and panelist at numerous regional and national events and conferences. He has conducted several hundred continuing professional education courses, as well as nationally televised education through National Registry of CPE Sponsors offered by National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.