UPDATE: May 22, 2020: We are excited to share that the Center for Health & Wellbeing, including the Crosby Wellness Center and Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen, will re-open on Tuesday, May 26.
To help you prepare for your return, we’d like to outline the comprehensive health and safety measures we’ve put in place for Phase One of our reopening. We relied on CDC, state and local government recommendations and the protocols established by AdventHealth, medical service providers at the Center for Health & Wellbeing (CHWB). We’ve also looked to our colleagues at the Medical Fitness Association (MFA) for guidance on best practices for MFA-member facilities, like the Crosby Wellness Center.
The Center for Health & Wellbeing is a unique facility that serves many people with different needs. Center leadership worked together to establish measures that ensure a seamless and comprehensive approach to the health and safety of all visitors and staff.
- All visitors must wear a mask to enter and use the CHWB. Bringing your own is best, but there will be a limited supply of masks available at the Welcome Desk.
- Only Crosby Wellness Center members will be allowed to enter the CHWB through the main entrance.
- Those with medical appointments for AdventHealth services at the CHWB will continue to use the South entrance on Crosby Way. Systems are in place to limit Crosby Wellness Center members’ navigation patterns through the CHWB Commons to Crosby, while AdventHealth patients will be limited to accessing AdventHealth services. These traffic patterns are designed to help with social distancing and to enable AdventHealth to perform its own patient screenings and check-ins at the South entrance.
- Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen will be open 8-5 on weekdays for take-out only. To place orders, please enter Nourish using the outdoor patio entrance.
- The Center’s community spaces typically open to the public, like the Commons, Conference Center and Walking Track, will be closed during Phase One.
- Social distancing at a minimum of six feet is required throughout the CHWB; signs and floor markings are in place as guides to keep you safe.
- Only Crosby members are permitted to work out. No guests are permitted during Phase One.
- All Crosby members will be required to wear a mask while at the Center for Health & Wellbeing (CHWB), including within the Crosby Wellness Center.
- Per State of Florida regulations for fitness clubs, Crosby will operate at no more than 50% capacity. Systems will be in place to ensure we are operating at a safe capacity that accommodates social distancing. During Phase One, only 70 members will be able to work out at one time and we will count continually to ensure we do not exceed this capacity.
- At each visit, Crosby members will have their temperature taken and be asked a short list of health questions immediately upon entering the CHWB main entrance. Per CDC protocol, members will not be permitted to enter the facility if they have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher or if they answer ‘yes’ to any of the screening questions.
- The lap pool will be open by advance reservation only. Please call 407.644.3606 to reserve a lane for 45-minute sessions, one person per lane.
- The activity pool will be closed to Crosby members during Phase One. You are encouraged to continue your aqua workouts by booking time for walking in the lap pool (one person per lane).
- Locker room amenities will be limited. Members must provide their own towels.
- Changes in the fitness floor layout have been made to enable social distancing. Please do not attempt to use equipment marked out of service.
- Members will be asked to wipe down any equipment used with wipes provided.
- Crosby staff will engage in continuous cleaning of the facility throughout the day; the Center will close an hour early each day to accommodate daily deep cleaning and disinfection.